In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Inverter on your Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 18 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1545 LCD Inverter.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1545 LCD Inverter
- Remove the battery.
- Access Door
- Unscrew the 4 screws holding the Bottom Base Access Cover and remove the cover, starting from right to left.
- Carefully dislodge the cables until they are completely loose from the base.
- Remove the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm hinge screws from the base of the laptop.
- Power Button Cover
- Remove two 2mm x 3mm screws that hold the 1545 center control power button cover to the base of the computer.
- Turn the computer over (as if you were typing on it), and fully open the display (approximately 180 degrees, or as far as possible).
- Lift and unsnap the 1545 center control power button cover using a small flat head screw driver or a plastic scribe from the backside of the computer, from right to left. **Be very careful removing it because the plastic can be fragile.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm screws above the keyboard and gently lift up the keyboard to reveal the ribbon cable. Be careful lifting the keyboard because it is very easy to cause damage to the ribbon cable or the motherboard connector. (If the motherboard connector breaks, it is very hard to find replacements for them without replacing the entire motherboard.)
- Lift the keyboard cable connector latch and remove the keyboard ribbon cable and keyboard.
- Display Assembly
- Loosen the LCD display cable from motherboard the by pulling up on the tab.
- Loosen the camera cable from the motherboard.
- Pull the WWAN and WLAN cables through the motherboard paying close attention to the routing, once again.
- Unscrew (2) 2.5mm x 3mm wafer screws on the left hinge.
- Unscrew (2) 2.5mm x 3mm wafer screws on the right hinge.
- Lift the display from the base.
- Remove the 6 rubber screw hole covers around the LCD display bezel.
- Unscrew the (5) 2.5mm x 5mm LCD bezel screws.
- Loosen the 1 screw has a retaining clip and will stay attached to the bezel.
- Carefully lift up the edge of the bezel until it unsnaps and slowly work your way around the screen. (be very careful because there are sharp metal edges on the screen that can easily cut you)
- Lift off the bezel. (In some case the bezel might be glued down to the LCD screen and may require extra force to pull off.)
- Unscrew (1) 2.5mm x 5mm screws holding the right LCD rail to the base.
- Unscrew (1) 2.5mm x 5mm screws holding the left LCD rail to the base.
- Unscrew (2) 2.5mm x 4mm screws holding the LCD inverter to the base.
- Lift the screen off of the LCD back assembly.
- Remove the LCD Cable by flipping the screen over, on a clean surface so it doesn’t get scratched, and remove the securing tape and disconnect the cable from the connector.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 1545 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1545 LCD Inverter Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1545 Parts & Repair Manual Index
- Dell Inspiron 1545 Parts List
- Dell Inspiron 1545 DC Power Jack / Usb IO Circuit Board Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1545 CPU Cooling Fan Removal and Installation