In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive & Caddy on your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 3 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Hard Drive & Caddy
- Remove the battery.
- Hard Drive & Caddy
- Unscrew the (2) 3mm x 3mm hard drive screws that secure the hard drive to the base assembly and slide out the hard drive and caddy.
- Unscrew the (2) 3mm x 3mm screws on both sides of the 1525/1526 hard drive caddy and slide the caddy off.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 1525 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Web Camera & Camera Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Parts List & Repair Manual Index
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 Parts List
- Common Problem with Broken Hinges on Dell Inspiron 1525 laptops