In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Power Button Cover on your Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 (PP29L) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 (PP29L) Power Button Cover.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Power Button Cover
- Remove the battery.
- Power Button Cover
- Remove two 2mm x 3mm screws that hold the 1525/1526 center control power button cover to the base of the computer.
- Turn the computer over (as if you were typing on it), and fully open the display (approximately 180 degrees, or as far as possible).
- Lift and unsnap the 1525/1526 center control power button cover using a small flat head screw driver or a plastic scribe from the backside of the computer, from right to left. (Be very careful removing it because the plastic can be fragile. (Use caution lifting the power button cover off of the laptop, a cable is attached beneath it that can break easily.)
- Disconnect the media control cable under the power button cover and lift off the power button cover.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) Bottom Base Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) Battery Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) Memory Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) Solid State Drive Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) CMOS Battery Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 13-7368 (P69G001) Power / Volume Button Circuit Board Removal & Installation