In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Display Assembly on your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 13 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Display Assembly.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Display Assembly
- Remove the battery.
- Access Door
- Unscrew the 8 screws holding the Access Door Cover.
- Remove the cover, starting from right to left.
- Remove the antenna wires from the mini wireless cards.
- Loosen the antenna cables from the base assembly antenna routing channel.
- Remove the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm hinge screws holding the LCD display assembly to the base of the laptop.
- Power Button Cover
- Remove two 2mm x 3mm screws that hold the 1525/1526 center control power button cover to the base of the computer.
- Turn the computer over (as if you were typing on it), and fully open the display (approximately 180 degrees, or as far as possible).
- Lift and unsnap the 1525/1526 center control power button cover using a small flat head screw driver or a plastic scribe from the backside of the computer, from right to left. (Be very careful removing it because the plastic can be fragile. (Use caution lifting the power button cover off of the laptop, a cable is attached beneath it that can break easily.)
- Disconnect the media control cable under the power button cover and lift off the power button cover.
- Keyboard Removal
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mmscrews above the keyboard and gently lift up the keyboard to reveal the ribbon cable. Be careful lifting the keyboard because it is very easy to cause damage to the ribbon cable or the motherboard connector. (If the motherboard connector breaks, it is very hard to find replacements for them without replacing the entire motherboard.)
- Lift the keyboard cable connector latch and remove the keyboard ribbon cable and keyboard.
- LCD Display Assembly
- Unplug the display cable from the motherboard.
- Unplug the camera cable from the motherboard.
- Slide antenna wires out of the motherboard and loosen them from the top of the laptop.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 3mm – 10 mm wafer hinge screws from the left display hinge.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 3mm – 10 mm wafer hinge screws from the right display hinge.
- Lift the 1525/1526 LCD display assembly up away from the base.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 1525 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Web Camera & Camera Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Parts List & Repair Manual Index
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 Parts List
- Common Problem with Broken Hinges on Dell Inspiron 1525 laptops