In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the CPU Processor on your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 CPU Processor.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 CPU Processor
- Remove the battery.
- Access Door
- Unscrew the 8 screws holding the Access Door Cover.
- Remove the cover, starting from right to left.
- Loosen the 5 retaining screws on the 1525/1526 heat sink.
- Remove the heat sink from the motherboard.
- Using a small flat head screw driver, turn the CPU processor’s locking screw counterclockwise, approximately 180 degrees, to unlock the CPU.
- Lift out the CPU processor.
- Installation note 1: Make sure to replace thermal compound or thermal pads on the CPU and heatsink.
- Installation note 2: Tighten the heatsink screws in the order listed on the heatsink.
- **This image is used only as an example.**
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 1525 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Web Camera & Camera Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 Parts List & Repair Manual Index
- Dell Inspiron 1525/1526 Parts List
- Common Problem with Broken Hinges on Dell Inspiron 1525 laptops