In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the DVD Optical Drive on your Dell XPS M1330 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 16 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell XPS M1330 DVD Optical Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small flat head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell XPS M1330 DVD Optical Drive
- Flip the laptop over and slide the battery clip to the left.
- Slide the battery away from the laptop.
- Unscrew the wifi door retaining screw.
- Lift the door from the base.
- Unscrew the (1) 2.5mm x 5mm screw.
- Loosen the 3 memory door screws.
- Lift the memory door off of the base.
- On the bottom of the laptop, loosen the wireless antenna cables and unscrew the 2.5mm x 5mm left and right hinge screws.
- Remove the (6) 2.5mm x 5mm screws on the bottom of the laptop.
- Unscrew the (2) 2mm x 3mm screws below the battery.
- Open the laptop screen as wide as possible.
- Carefully lift the Center Control Media Buttons Cover away form the base. You should start unsnapping it at the LCD display side being careful not to lift to fast so the cable doesn’t break.
- Leave the Center Control Media Buttons Cover loose.
- Unscrew the (2) 2mm x 2mm x 7mm wafer screws holding the keyboard to the base and gently flip the keyboard over. Be cautious, lifting the keyboard with the cable connected, it is possible to break the latch if you pull it too hard.
- Carefully lift the cable latch and unhook the cable.
- Carefully slide the Power Button Cover cable latch and remove the Power Button Cover Cable.
- Lift the Power Button Cover from the laptop.
- Remove the 2mm x 3mm Bluetooth screw.
- Unplug the Bluetooth cable.
- Disconnect the Camera cable, the LCD Display cable, and pull the wireless antenna cables through the motherboard.
- Unscrew the 2.5mm x 5mm left hinge screw.
- Unscrew the 2.5mm x 5mm right hinge screw.
- Lift the LCD display assembly away from the laptop base.
- Remove the (3)2.5mm x 5mm screws an the top of the palm rest.
- Remove the (4)2mm x 3mm screws.
- Unplug the touchpad ribbon cable.
- Lift the palm rest away from the base.
- Remove the (4) 2mm x 3mm screws.
- Lift the optical drive out and disconnect it from the motherboard.
Read Related Articles