In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 6 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Keyboard .
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Keyboard
- Slide the battery latch to the right.
- Slide the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the 2mm x 3mm screw under the battery.
- Unsnap the media control cover from the palm rest starting at the back near to the screen.
- Unscrew the (2) 2mm x 3mm screws for the keyboard.
- Carefully lift the keyboard away form the base and turn it over. If you pull it to hard you risk breaking the keyboard cable connector on the motherboard.
- Pivot the keyboard cable latch and the back light cable latch up and unplug the cables.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Studio 15 (1555) Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 LCD Back Cover Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 CPU Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 CPU Heatsink Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 Power Button and Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation