In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the WLAN Card on your Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6400 WLAN Card.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6400 WLAN Card
- Slide the battery latches over and slide the battery up.
- Loosen the access panel door cover screw.
- Remove the (2) 3mm x 3mm hard drive screws.
- Slide the door down and lift it off of the laptop.
- Disconnect the WLAN antenna cables.
- Remove the 2mm x 3mm WLAN card screw.
- The card will pivot up to a 45 degree angle.
- Remove the WLAN card from the motherboard.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Latitude E6400 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Latitude E6400 Parts List
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Back Cover Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 Web Camera Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Ribbon Cable Removal and Installation