In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6400 Keyboard .
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6400 Keyboard
- Slide the battery latches over and slide the battery up.
- Under the battery, loosen the 3 clips by sliding them to the left.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Lift under the LED cover to remove it from the laptop.
- Remove the (2) 2mm x 3mm screws.
- Using the tab at the top of the keyboard, slide the keyboard up and lift the keyboard away from the laptop.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Latitude E6400 Parts List
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Back Cover Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 Web Camera Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Ribbon Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6400 LCD Inverter Removal and Installation