In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the DVD CD Optical Drive on your Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 3 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 DVD CD Optical Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 6400 / E1505 DVD CD Optical Drive
- On the bottom of the laptop, slide the battery latch to the right and lift the battery out.
- Remove the 2.5mm x 8mm screw.
- Using a screw driver slide the optical drive out of the laptop.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 6400 LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Screen and Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Back Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 LCD Bezel Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 Motherboard Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 6400 E1505 Speaker Removal and Installation