In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the CPU Heatsink on your Dell Inspiron 1420 / Vostro 1400 (PP26L) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1420 / Vostro 1400 (PP26L) CPU Heatsink.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1420 / Vostro 1400 CPU Heatsink
- Slide the 2 battery latches towards the outside of the laptop.
- Slide the battery out.
- Loosen the 3 retaining screws.
- Remove the CPU processor door.
- Loosen the 4 heat sink screws.
- Lift the heat sink away from the motherboard.
- Installation note 1: Make sure to replace thermal compound or thermal pads on the CPU and heatsink.
- Installation note 2: Tighten the heatsink screws in the order listed on the heatsink.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Inspiron 1420 (PP26L) LED POST Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron 1420 / Vostro 1400 (PP26L) CPU Cooling Fan Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1420 / Vostro 1400 (PP26L) Bottom Base Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1420/Vostro 1400 (PP26L) Modem Port Circuit Board Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 1420/Vostro 1400 (PP26L) Speaker Removal and Installation