Roscoe Dyer, our very own Videographer and Director of Social Media, here at Parts-People.com, has produced a hands-on teardown / disassembly video of the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook.
The general consensus in the tech community seems to be that the XPS 13 may represent some of the best build quality ever to come from Dell. The class-leading, backlit, full-size keyboard accentuates the excellent construction and, as you will see, is secured with 25 screws.
List of Eight Items of Interest About Parts & Components:- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
- Carbon-fiber base-cover is secured with 10 star-drive screws
- Battery is attached with 8 screws (not considered to be "consumer-serviceable")
- WLAN card is the half-height type (Wireless Local Area Network)
- SSD is the mini-express variety (solid-state drive)
- Display can not be disassembled (LCD)
- CPU is not removable / upgradeable (Central Processing Unit)
- Memory is not removable / upgradeable (RAM)
- Keyboard fastened very securely with 25 screws
To "play" with this Ultrabook in a way that may not otherwise be accessible to you, just click on the "play" button.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Adds Premium Options to Their Inspiron 15 Laptop Lineup
- Alienware Alpha Packs PC Gaming into a Compact Console
- Dell Latitude 14 E7450 Review Features Broadwell
- Dell’s Venue 8 7000 Tablet-Thin, Bezel Design, Long Battery
- Dell Hits the Mark with Inspiron 13 7000 Series Convertible
- ASUS G501: Light and Slim, Features Nvidia 960M GPU