Roscoe Dyer, our very own Videographer and Director of Social Media, here at Parts-People.com, has produced a hands-on teardown / disassembly video of the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook.
The general consensus in the tech community seems to be that the XPS 13 may represent some of the best build quality ever to come from Dell. The class-leading, backlit, full-size keyboard accentuates the excellent construction and, as you will see, is secured with 25 screws.
List of Eight Items of Interest About Parts & Components:- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
- Carbon-fiber base-cover is secured with 10 star-drive screws
- Battery is attached with 8 screws (not considered to be "consumer-serviceable")
- WLAN card is the half-height type (Wireless Local Area Network)
- SSD is the mini-express variety (solid-state drive)
- Display can not be disassembled (LCD)
- CPU is not removable / upgradeable (Central Processing Unit)
- Memory is not removable / upgradeable (RAM)
- Keyboard fastened very securely with 25 screws
To "play" with this Ultrabook in a way that may not otherwise be accessible to you, just click on the "play" button.
Read Related Articles
- The Updated Dell Alienware 13 Features OLED Display, and It’s a Big Deal
- Microsoft Will Give You a Free Dell Laptop if Your Device Won’t Update
- Dell Says “Caya Nara” to Its Venue Line of Tablets to Focus on Windows 2-In-1’s
- Alienware’s Aurora VR Ready Tower is Svelte, Compact, and Packs a Punch
- Synaptics Wants to Bring Fingerprint Authentication To Any PC
- Dell Wants to Make a Fancy Fashion Statement With an Upgraded Gold XPS 13