Roscoe Dyer, our very own Videographer and Director of Social Media, here at Parts-People.com, has produced a hands-on teardown / disassembly video of the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook.
The general consensus in the tech community seems to be that the XPS 13 may represent some of the best build quality ever to come from Dell. The class-leading, backlit, full-size keyboard accentuates the excellent construction and, as you will see, is secured with 25 screws.
List of Eight Items of Interest About Parts & Components:- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
- Carbon-fiber base-cover is secured with 10 star-drive screws
- Battery is attached with 8 screws (not considered to be "consumer-serviceable")
- WLAN card is the half-height type (Wireless Local Area Network)
- SSD is the mini-express variety (solid-state drive)
- Display can not be disassembled (LCD)
- CPU is not removable / upgradeable (Central Processing Unit)
- Memory is not removable / upgradeable (RAM)
- Keyboard fastened very securely with 25 screws
To "play" with this Ultrabook in a way that may not otherwise be accessible to you, just click on the "play" button.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Launches VR-Ready Special Edition XPS 8900 Desktop
- Dell Precision 15 5510: a Compact 15-inch Notebook With Excellent Performance
- Dell’s Sleeker Business Hybrid, the Latitude 12 7275 Takes on Surface Pro
- Dell Readies Their Enterprise PC’s for a Future in Virtual Reality
- “Chromebook” Your Old Laptop With Neverware’s CloudReady Software
- Dell to Make Stronger Connection in India by Launching Slew of New Latitude Devices