Roscoe Dyer, our very own Videographer and Director of Social Media, here at Parts-People.com, has produced a hands-on teardown / disassembly video of the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook.
The general consensus in the tech community seems to be that the XPS 13 may represent some of the best build quality ever to come from Dell. The class-leading, backlit, full-size keyboard accentuates the excellent construction and, as you will see, is secured with 25 screws.
List of Eight Items of Interest About Parts & Components:- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
- Carbon-fiber base-cover is secured with 10 star-drive screws
- Battery is attached with 8 screws (not considered to be "consumer-serviceable")
- WLAN card is the half-height type (Wireless Local Area Network)
- SSD is the mini-express variety (solid-state drive)
- Display can not be disassembled (LCD)
- CPU is not removable / upgradeable (Central Processing Unit)
- Memory is not removable / upgradeable (RAM)
- Keyboard fastened very securely with 25 screws
To "play" with this Ultrabook in a way that may not otherwise be accessible to you, just click on the "play" button.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Chromebook 11 (3120) Bottom Base Cover Removal and Installation
- The Newest Addition to Dell’s XPS Lineup is Bigger, Better and Sports a Beautiful Infinity Display
- Dell Announces Initiative to Use Recycled Carbon Fiber in Alienware and Latitude Products
- Dell’s Venue 8 & Venue 10 Reboots Are Ready to Rock the Corporate World
- Dell Makes the Smart Move and Mimics the Surface pro 3
- Dell Continues to Invest and Profit in Chinese-Ubuntu Markets