CompuLab's Intense PC miniature case is packed with more features, processing-power, and expandability than any other ultra-small PC currently available. With dimensions of 7.5” x 6.3” x 1.57”, Intense PC is no $35 Raspberry Pi Computer. The Intense is certainly small, but does not have the footprint of a credit card, as is the case with the Raspberry Pi. The starting price of US-$399 is quite a bit more intense, as well. (Puns happen: unashamedly, and without excuse.)
That intensity comes from jamming so much CPU power, extensibility, FACE modules (Function and Connectivity Extension), and customization options into a miniature, fanless, passively-cooled design with a metal housing that looks like a router.
Intense PC Project Manager at CompuLab, Stas Lapchev, said “We see bringing this kind of performance into a fanless design as a major achievement. Intense PC consumes just 8W in idle, yet both CPU cores can reach 2.4 GHz when Intel® Turbo Boost kicks in - thanks in large part to the groundbreaking power management of the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor.”
That diminutive little package contains up to a Core i7 CPU with HD Graphics 3000, up to 16 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 RAM, two USB3 ports, dual-head high definition displays, internal SSD or HDD with dual eSATA, 7.1 channels digital audio in / out, dual GbE, 2 mini-PCIe sockets, 802.11n WiFi with 2 antennas and a serial port.
But wait, there's more, as often said in TV infomercials. In short, 1.57” tall, remember? - it's loaded with great components. Unlike so many infomercial products however, this Lilliputian device really delivers. We're running short of breath listing it all, so let's just do the numbers.
Intense PC Specifications
- Dimensions: 7.5” x 6.3” x 1.57” (19 x 16 x 4 cm)
- CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU (4M Cache, 1.50 GHz dual-core), HD Graphics 3000
- Intel Core i3 CPU (3M Cache, 1.30 GHz dual-core), HD Graphics 3000
- Intel Celeron CPU (2M Cache, 1.10 GHz dual-core), HD Graphics 2000
- Intel Celeron CPU (1.5M Cache, 1.40 GHz) with Intel® HD Graphics 2000
- RAM: Up to 16 GB dual channel DDR3-1333 using two SO-DIMM sockets
- Storage: Internal SSD, or 2.5” HDD
- Display: HDMI 1.4 up to 1920x1200 with 3D support, DisplayPort up to 2560x1600
- Audio: 7.1 channels S/PDIF in / out, stereo line-out, mic
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11b/g/n (2 antennas) + Bluetooth 3.0
- LAN: 2x GbE ports
- USB: 2x USB3 ports, 2x USB2 ports
- Serial: RS232 full UART via mini serial connector
- Power: 8 – 16V
- One-screw service-door
Read Related Articles
- Kevlar Could Power Batteries to Avoid Combustion
- Glow Headphones Make Listening to Music More Rhythmic
- 3Doodler 2.0 Is Slimmer, Faster, and Back on Kickstarter
- The Apogee Groove Amps Your Laptop’s Audio
- Details on Samsung Orbis, the Company’s First round Smartwatch
- Mouse-Box: Shoving an Entire PC into a Mouse?