In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive on your Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 7 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 Hard Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 Hard Drive
- Slide the battery locking latch to the unlocked position.
- Slide the battery latch over and the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm screws.
- Remove the 12 base screws.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Using a scribe or a flat head screw driver, press in the 3 latches that allow the keyboard to lift up.
- Carefully lift up the keyboard and slide it forward.
- Unplug the keyboard cable.
- Remove the keyboard from the laptop.
- Unplug the 3 palmrest cables.
- Carefully unsnap the palmrest from the laptop base.
- Remove the hard drive by sliding it to the right.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron M5030 Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 LCD Camera Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 LCD Cable, Hinges, and Screen Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 LCD Display Bezel Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 LCD Display Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5030 / M5030 Motherboard Removal and Installation