In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Battery on your Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 6 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Battery .
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x T5 star screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Battery
- Remove the 6 base screws.
- Remove the 2 screws under the XPS placard.
- Carefully lift the base cover off of laptop and unplug the battery indicator cable.
- Unplug the battery.
- Unplug the unplug the speaker cable.
- Remove the 4 speaker screws.
- Remove the speakers.
- Remove the 6 battery screws.
- Remove the battery.
Read Related Articles
- Dell XPS 14 (L421X) Beep Codes Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Touchpad Mouse Buttons Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Touchpad Palmrest Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Keyboard Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook LCD Display Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 14 (L421x) Ultrabook Motherboard Removal and Installation