In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Screen on your Dell XPS 15z L511z laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 20 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell XPS 15z L511z LCD Screen.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x T5 star screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell XPS 15z L511z LCD Screen
- Remove the SD card blank.
- Use a scribe or a flat head screwdriver to carefully unsnap the bezel.
- Remove the 2 screws under the bezel.
- Remove the 8 base screws.
- Carefully lift and unsnap the base cover from the laptop.
- Remove the 6 battery screws.
- Unplug the battery.
- Loosen the 7 heatsink screws.
- Remove the heatsink.
- Installation note 1: Make sure to replace thermal compound or thermal pads on the CPU and heatsink.
- Installation note 2: Tighten the heatsink screws in the order listed on the heatsink.
- **This image is used only as an example.**
- Unplug the fan.
- Remove the 2 fan screws.
- Remove the fan from the laptop.
- Loosen and unplug the CMOS battery.
- Remove the 4 optical drive screws.
- Slide the optical drive to the left and out of the laptop.
- Separate the memory clips and remove the memory.
- Repeat the process for the second memory stick.
- Unplug the antenna cables.
- Remove the WLAN card screw.
- Unplug the DC jack.
- Remove the DC jack screw.
- Remove the DC jack.
- Carefully peel back the tape that is over the keyboard cable.
- Unplug the LCD cable.
- Unplug the 6 motherboard cables.
- Carefully lift the motherboard away from the laptop and turn it over.
- Unplug the bottom motherboard cables.
- Remove the bottom hinge screws.
- Remove the back hinge screws.
- Carefully separate the LCD display assembly and slide the cables through the palmrest.
- Using a scribe, carefully pry up the front bezel. The front bezel is glued to the bottom bezel and be bent very easily.
- Remove the 4 bezel screws.
- Unsnap the bezel from the back assembly.
- Remove the 4 LCD screen screws.
- Carefully lift the screen out and turn it over.
- Unplug the LCD cable.