In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive on your Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 7 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 Hard Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small flat head screwdriver
- 1 x plastic scribe (optional)
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 Hard Drive
- Slide the locking latch over.
- Slide the battery latch to the left and the battery out.
- Remove the 2 hard drive screws.
- Remove the 11 bottom palmrest screws.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Press in the 4 keyboard clips to loosen the keyboard.
- Carefully lift the keyboard and turn it over.
- Unplug the keyboard cable.
- Loosen the 2 top palmrest screws. You will not be able to remove them completely.
- Unplug the 2 palmrest cables.
- Carefully unsnap and lift off the palmrest.
- Slide the hard drive to the right and lift it out of the laptop.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron M5040 Beep Codes / Diagnostic Indicators
- Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 LCD Screen / Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 LCD Display Bezel Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 DC Jack Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron N5040 / N5050 / M5040 LCD Display Assembly Removal and Installation