You may know Dov Moran, or at least know of him. He was the chairman and founder of M-Systems, the company that created the DiskOnChip and DiskOnKey, and which was later sold to SanDisk. He was also founder and chairman of the not so successful start-up cell phone manufacturer known as Modu which sold several patents to Google.
In 2010 Moran founded a company called KeyView, and their development team has worked on the KeyView Smartype keyboard for about two years. In 2012 Moran launched a company named Comigo to develop a smart set-top-box. KeyView's press release describes Dov Moran as a "serial entrepreneur", and that appears to be a fair evaluation.
Key Attributes of the KeyView Smartype Keyboard
The concept is not rocket-science, but will almost certainly find a core group of PC users that need, or just want the features offered.
The KeyView keyboard has an integrated built-in display that allows hunt-and-peck typists to see the line currently being typed, with the intention of reducing the continual changing of visual focus between a screen and keyboard. With regard to that feature, touch-typists need not apply.
Perhaps of greater interest is the ability to add more functionality with a variety of applications such as weather, e-mail notification, a clock, and other unique utilities that reside in the keyboard itself and are capable of delivering custom content such as stock tickers and news.
Availability & Pricing
Right now the KeyView Smartype Keyboard is available only in Israel's retail channels. An international launch is planned for the near future. Pricing has not yet been announced.
Read Related Articles
- AMD Has New Ryzen CPUs Promising to Directly Compete With Intel, in Both Specs and Price Tags
- Dart-C Adapter – 4 Times Smaller Than What We’re Used to, so Leave That Brick at Home
- Remote Wireless Charging for Your Phone, as in Truly Wireless, Is Yours With the MotherBox
- Would You Believe Your Own Eyes If You Saw a Teensy 7-Inch Laptop, Sporting Intel Atom and 8GB of RAM?
- HP’s New X360 Spectre 15 Is Discrete yet Svelte 2-In-1, Large and in Charge
- MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro- a Lightweight Speedy Gaming Laptop That’s Going to Make Waves