In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Keyboard on your Dell Latitude E6420 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Latitude E6420 Keyboard.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Latitude E6420 Keyboard
- Slide the battery latches towards the outside of the laptop until they click.
- Lift the battery out of the laptop.
- Unsnap the keyboard bezel, starting at the top of the keyboard, working your way around the edges and to the bottom. You may need a flat head screwdriver to get the bezel started.
- Keyboard Bezel
- Remove the keyboard bezel.
- Remove the keyboard screws.
- Turn the keyboard over and unplug the keyboard cable.
- Remove the keyboard.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD LED Circuit Board Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Screen and Rail Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Bezel Removal and Installation
- Dell Latitude E6420 LCD Display Assembly Removal and Installation