Tough enough to withstand being run over by a Texas pickup truck, the fanless, passively cooled Stealth WPC-525F "small-form" computer is small enough to hide out in the USA's smallest state, Rhode Island. It may not quite fit the category of mini / nano PCs with its dimensions of 10.15"(W) x 6.22"(D) x 2.04"(H), but it's a tough little guy with photos on the manufacturer's website of it easily surviving a close encounter of the pickup truck kind.
Stealth calls itself a "provider of high-performance, ruggedized, industrial-grade computer systems and peripherals", and the WPC-525F seems to be a reasonably good example of their work.
The vendors website, Stealth.com, points out that the ruggedized aluminum chassis not only acts as a heat-sink which makes the unit fanless, but also is completely "water-tight, surviving liquids, chemicals, dust and dirt intrusion and meeting IP67/NEMA 6 environmental specifications".
Austin, Texas is recognized world-wide as a technology hub, and is sometimes referred to as Silicon Hills. Stealth Computer company, with addresses located in the State of California, and in Canada, would apparently be a good fit in Austin, and quite a welcome addition to the technology culture here.
A bumper-sticker occasionally seen on vehicles of new-comers to the State of Texas simply says: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."
As tough as they are, Texans actually tend to be quite compassionate toward those not fortunate enough to have been born in Texas; just don't let it happen again.
Toughications & Features
- Fanless Low Noise, Low Power Consumption
- Dust, Rain & Splash Resistant, IP67 / NEMA 6 Rated
- Waterproof / Water Resistant
- Solid State Hard Drives (SSD)
- Intel D525 1.8GHz Dual Core CPU
- DC Input, Wide Range 6 - 36VDC
- 3D Graphics With 16 x 9 Capability
- Vesa 75mm / 100mm Mounting
- Windows 7 & XP Pro Compatible
- Other Operating System Options Available
Read Related Articles
- MSI Takes on MacBook Pro’s Cylindrical Design With New Vortex Gaming PC
- The New Raspberry Pi 3 Is Faster, Wi-Fi Enabled and Still Costs Only $35
- Dell’s New Embedded PCs Aimed at OEM and Internet of Things Solutions
- Asus’s New VivoMini VC65 PCs Feature Four 2.5-Inch Storage Drives
- Kangaroo Plus Gets Just Enough of an Upgrade With Better Hardware
- Intel Refreshes Its Line of Compute Sticks with Intel Core M and Intel Atom