In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Screen on your Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 14 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) LCD Screen.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small flat head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe (optional)
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) LCD Screen
- Slide the latches over.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the access door cover screws.
- Lift and remove the access door off of the laptop.
- Remove the bottom base screws.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Using a plastic scribe or flat head screwdriver, press in the keyboard latches at the top of the keyboard.
- Lift the keyboard and turn it over.
- Unplug the keyboard cable.
- Unplug the palmrest cables.
- Remove the palmrest screws
- Carefully lift and pry the right edge of the palmrest.
- Work your way around the bottom edge and side.
- Unplug and loosen the LCD cable.
- Unplug and loosen the wireless antennas.
- Remove the right hinge screws.
- Remove the left hinge screws.
- Remove the Complete LCD Display.
- Use a screwdriver to pry the hinge covers off of the display.
- Unsnap the LCD bezel from the display.
- Remove the LCD display bezel.
- Remove the bottom LCD screws.
- Remove the top LCD screws.
- Turn the screen over and unplug the LCD cable.
- Remove the LCD screen.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) LCD Touchscreen Display Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) DVD CDRW Optical Drive Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) DC Jack Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Heatsink Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) CPU Cooling Fan Removal and Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Motherboard Removal and Installation