In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the LCD Web Camera on your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 16 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Web Camera.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Dell Inspiron 1525 / 1526 LCD Web Camera
- Remove the battery.
- Access Door
- Unscrew the 8 screws holding the Access Door Cover.
- Remove the cover, starting from right to left.
- WLAN Wireless Card
- Unhook the antenna wires.
- Remove the bottom display screws.
- Power Button Cover
- Remove two 2mm x 3mm screws that hold the 1525/1526 center control power button cover to the base of the computer.
- Turn the computer over (as if you were typing on it), and fully open the display (approximately 180 degrees, or as far as possible).
- Lift and unsnap the 1525/1526 center control power button cover using a small flat head screw driver or a plastic scribe from the backside of the computer, from right to left. (Be very careful removing it because the plastic can be fragile. (Use caution lifting the power button cover off of the laptop, a cable is attached beneath it that can break easily.)
- Disconnect the media control cable under the power button cover and lift off the power button cover.
- Keyboard Removal
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mmscrews above the keyboard and gently lift up the keyboard to reveal the ribbon cable. Be careful lifting the keyboard because it is very easy to cause damage to the ribbon cable or the motherboard connector. (If the motherboard connector breaks, it is very hard to find replacements for them without replacing the entire motherboard.)
- Lift the keyboard cable connector latch and remove the keyboard ribbon cable and keyboard.
- LCD Display Assembly
- Unplug the display cable from the motherboard.
- Unplug the camera cable from the motherboard.
- Slide antenna wires out of the motherboard and loosen them from the top of the laptop.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 3mm – 10 mm wafer hinge screws from the left display hinge.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 3mm – 10 mm wafer hinge screws from the right display hinge.
- Lift the 1525/1526 LCD display assembly up away from the base.
- Remove the 6 rubber screw hole covers.
- Loosen the retaining screw in the corner of the display and remove the (5) 2.5mm x 4.5mm x 1.5mm display bezel screws.
- Unsnap the display bezel running you fingers under the edge of the bezel while lifting up. Do this carefully so the bezel doesn’t break and your fingers don’t get cut by sharp metal under the bezel.
- Remove the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm screws that attach the LCD mounting rails to the hinges.
- Remove the LCD screen from the back assembly.
- Lift back the silver tape that holds the camera cable to the back assembly.
- Remove the camera and the cable.