Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets. Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screw driver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions Dell Studio 1555 / 1557 / 1558 LCD Hinge
- Slide the battery latch to the right.
- Slide the battery out of the laptop.
- Unscrew the 3 retaining screws on the Access Door.
- Lift the door away from the laptop base.
- Unplug the antenna cables and loosen them from their routing channels.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm bottom hinge screws.
- Remove the 2mm x 3mm screw under the battery.
- Unsnap the media control cover from the palm rest starting at the back near to the screen.
- Unscrew the (2) 2mm x 3mm screws for the keyboard.
- Carefully lift the keyboard away form the base and turn it over. If you pull it to hard you risk breaking the keyboard cable connector on the motherboard.
- Pivot the keyboard cable latch and the back light cable latch up and unplug the cables.
- disconnect the LCD display cable and the power button cable.
- Pull the antenna cables through the base and loosen all of the cables from their routing channels.
- Open the display wide and unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm screws that hold the display to top of the base.
- Lift the display from base assembly.
- Unsnap the LCD Display Bezel, starting from the bottom and working around the edges.
- Unscrew the (4) 2.5mm x 5mm at the corners of the screen.
- Carefully lift the screen and unplug the camera cable.
- Unscrew the (2) 2.5mm x 5mm web camera screws.
- Remove the web camera from the LCD back cover assembly.
- Unscrew the (4) 2.5mm x 5mm left and right hinge screws.
- Remove the left and right hinges from the LCD back assembly.
Read Related Articles