In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Hard Drive & Caddy on your Inspiron 15-7548 (P41F-001) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Inspiron 15-7548 (P41F-001) Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Inspiron 15 (7548) Hard Drive & Caddy
- Loosen the top screws (6 x M2.5 x 5mm).
- Loosen the captive screws (cannot be removed).
- Remove the access door.
- Remove the battery screws (5 x M2 x 4mm).
- Lift the battery & turn it over.
- Unplug & remove the battery cable.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the hard drive screws (4 x M2 x 3mm).
- Slide the hard drive down and remove it from the laptop.
- Remove the hard drive caddy screws on both sides of the hard drive (4 x M3 x 3mm).
- Separate the hard drive & caddy.
Read Related Articles
- Dell Inspiron 15-7557 (P57F001) Battery Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-7557 (P57F001) Access Door Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-5578 (P58F001) Bottom Base Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-5578 (P58F001) Battery Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-5578 (P58F001) Memory Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-5578 (P58F001) Hard Drive & Caddy Removal & Installation