We know ADT Corporation as a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses. We know South Korean-based LG as a $56 billion dollar multinational electronics company, specializing in anything from LCD TVs, to smartphones and smart appliances. ADT is now working closely with LG on its new (yet-to-be-named) “Smart Security” device for monitoring the home. This comes at a perfect time, as smart home automation is becoming the norm, and more companies are pushing technology and innovation into the way our appliances and electronics function.
The Smart Security product will use LG's current advancements in the Internet of Things (IoT), and act as a “central hub for the Smart Home”, where users can see what is going on and control their devices via their smartphone's mobile app. Additionally, it will incorporate ADT's professional video monitoring and storage features as a layer of additional protection. It will feature a 1080p, 5mp camera with a 150 degree field of view, and low-light vision up to 30 feet. It will work using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, providing live streaming, motion alerts, tamper detection, two-way talk, a built-in siren, as well as sensors for temperature, humidity, and light tracking (Cnet).
Another partnership, including ADT and Nest, will mean even more for the upcoming Smart Security device. Integrating Nest Thermostat's technology into ADP's platform opens up its ecosystem even further, “bringing together best-in-class professional monitoring with a curation of premier partners for innovative new solutions”, says the company (Business Wire). The product is set to launch this fall, and leaked photos suggest a sleek-looking device that should look lovely in the home. LG says that any interested customers can sign up online to be notified of any updates regarding the Smart Security product and its availability.
Read Related Articles
- AMD Has New Ryzen CPUs Promising to Directly Compete With Intel, in Both Specs and Price Tags
- Dart-C Adapter – 4 Times Smaller Than What We’re Used to, so Leave That Brick at Home
- Remote Wireless Charging for Your Phone, as in Truly Wireless, Is Yours With the MotherBox
- Would You Believe Your Own Eyes If You Saw a Teensy 7-Inch Laptop, Sporting Intel Atom and 8GB of RAM?
- HP’s New X360 Spectre 15 Is Discrete yet Svelte 2-In-1, Large and in Charge
- MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro- a Lightweight Speedy Gaming Laptop That’s Going to Make Waves