During this week's Computex, International Technology Trade Show in Taipei, Taiwan, Nvidia, known for its high-end video cards, got to show off its flagship GeForce GTX 980 Ti. Last year, its predecessor, the GTX 980 was the most powerful member maintaining Nvidia's Maxwell 2 architecture. This one is even more souped-up and powerful, providing better support for 4K PC gaming.
Nothing can really outdo the GeForce GTX Titan X, Nvidia's most powerful GPU, but it's high $1,000 price isn't for everyone. Luckily, the GTX 980 Ti is coming into the picture just in time to provide a nice option in between the Titan X and the original GTX 980 ($550). It's cheaper, at $649, and it comes bundled with the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. Based on the GM200 GPU, it has a total of 2,816 active CUDA cores, supports the latest DirectX 12 effects, and comes with 6GB of VRAM (compared to 4GB on the previous card). Like the GTX Titan X, the GTX 980 Ti is clocked at 1000MHz (a boost clock of 1075MHz), features its VRAM on a 384-bit memory bus, set for a 250X TDP, and features Nvidia's metal-shrouded cooling system (An and Tech).
All of this fancy language, and perhaps we need a real-life scenario to put it into perspective. What better way, than considering the new, very anticipated, Witcher 3 video game. According to the company, the GTX 980 Ti will run Witcher 3 at 4K resolution, and 45 frames per second. All specs aside, I guess you could easily call this piece the GTX Titan X, only cheaper, with less VRAM. But, then where would all the excitement come from? Considering the GTX 980 Ti comes with a free video game, this super-deal is a sure sign of Nvidia's dedication to staying on top in the PC gaming market.
Read Related Articles
- Google Announces Chromecast Ultra, It’s Upcoming 4K Version of the Streaming Dongle
- Dell Has New Inspiron 15 5000 and Inspiron 17 5000 Laptops, Refreshed and in Gorgeous New Hues
- Dells UltraSharp U3417W is a 34-Inch Monster, Would Work Great for Various Professionals
- Estimote Uses Beacon Technology to Send Tailored Content to Any Screen
- Acer’s Predator 21X is More Than Just a Gaming Notebook, It’s a Monster, With the World’s First Curved Display
- The Latest Gear VR? Customers are Getting More Than Just USB-C Ports From Samsung