The Computex tradeshow in Taiwan continues to grace us with more and more exciting tech news and products from various companies. MSI (Micro-Star International), a Taiwanese multinational information technology corporation, is known for developing computer hardware and related products (laptops, motherboards, graphics cards). Now, the computer company has teamed up with world-leader in eye-tracking, Tobii, to incorporate its Eye-X technology into MSI gaming laptops.
Dubbed the MSI GT72, the laptop works using three infrared sensors located below the laptop screen, which track your eye movements and move the camera accordingly. Just a quick configuration setup and you're good-to-go. The eye-tracking essentially takes away most of the mouse's role, except for when needing to perform additional functions. The laptop measures 17.3 inches across, uses Nvidia's GeForce GTX980M GPU, comes with 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM, and Nvidia's G-Sync technology, said to minimize input lag and display shutter (Slash Gear).
MSI told the guys at Expert Reviews in the UK that the MSI GT72 won't be the end of what we see with Tobii's eye-tracking technology. More content and games are to come, hoping to “create a richer and more immersive experience, which we fully believe will have a profound impact on the future of gaming”, says MSI. However, the laptop we are all reporting on, even the images, isn't the final version of the laptop. It isn't until after Computex that we will see the finished device unveiled. Therefore, pricing and other design and release details are still unknown.
Read Related Articles
- The Asus F556UA Is High on Power, Lower on Res, Nevertheless Worth Taking a Gander At
- Orion Laptop: One Which Should Fulfill a Linux-Lover? Perhaps Even Holding a N Apple MacBook Resemblance?
- Corsair Just Launched Its First Prebuilt Gaming PC and It Is Entirely Liquid-Cooled
- Acer Aspire’s E-15 Model is One Epic Deal In Tech Right Now
- Dell Technologies Makes Waves at the 2017 SXSW Interactive Festival
- Panasonic’s Toughbook CF-33 Is the Most Rugged 2-In-1 You Can Buy