A new version of the Samsung Galaxy S6, the Galaxy S6 Active has been announced exclusively for AT&T customers. What's the big difference that the Active has? As the name suggests, the device has a rugged body for active lifestyles, but it's also got a seriously upgraded battery on board. In fact, the battery specs might just make your jaw drop, and you might become a little upset that your Galaxy S6 now “sucks”.
The battery we are talking about sports 3,550mAh, that's 1,000mAh more than what's inside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Even the Galaxy S5 had a 2,800mAh battery, so it makes us kind of wonder why Samsung didn't do more to fit more into its new flagships. Then again, there's the argument of physique. When considering the new Galaxy S6 Active, you're swapping out some of its beauty and sleekness for a more rugged design. Because of this it could considerably become a niche product, not the most popular smartphones of the year, like the S6 and S6 Edge.
Specs featured on the Galaxy S6 Active include the same 5.1-inch, 2560 x 1440 AMOLED display, Exynos 7420 SoC, 16MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing cameras, and 4G connectivity that the Galaxy S6 has. What is different are the dimensions, which have not been disclosed yet, but we know they had to be altered due to it smartphone's rugged and slightly larger/thicker exterior; plus the fact that it had to fit a larger battery inside. It also features an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance (An and Tech).
We'll have to see what happens with this possible “niche” product from Samsung. The device will be available this Friday for about $700.
Read Related Articles
- Samsung’s Near Future Could Be a Bendable One With Foldable Tablets
- The Latest Gear VR? Customers are Getting More Than Just USB-C Ports From Samsung
- Leap Motion Leaps on Board With Gear VR to Provide Hand Recognition Software, all via USB Type C!
- Coming Soon: A 4TB Version of Samsung’s Best-Selling SSD
- Samsung’s New Speedy UFS Cards will Suggest the MicroSD to “Step Aside”
- The Samsung Notebook 7 Spin is a Fast-Charging, Affordable 3-in-1