In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Primary Hard Drive & Caddy on your Alienware M17xR3 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Alienware M17xR3 Primary Hard Drive & Caddy.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Alienware M17xR3 Primary Hard Drive & Caddy
- Slide the latch over to unlock the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the screws.(2 - M2.5 x 5mm)
- Slide the door down and remove it from the laptop.
- Loosen the hard drive screws.(3 - M2 x 3mm)
- Lift the hard drive out of the laptop.
- Remove the hard drive connector.
- Remove the hard drive caddy screws on both sides of the hard drive.(4 - M3 x 3mm)
- Remove the hard drive caddy.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Alienware M17xR3 Screw Kits & Guides
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 Bluetooth Card Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR3 LCD Screen Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR3 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR3 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation