In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Canter Control Cover on your Alienware M17xR4 laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your Alienware M17xR4 Canter Control Cover.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Alienware M17xR4 Canter Control Cover
- Slide the latch over to unlock the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the screws.(2 - M2.5 x 5mm)
- Slide the door down and remove it from the laptop.
- Remove the screws.(5 - M2.5 x 8mm)
- Turn the laptop over & open it up.
- Carefully unsnap the center control cover, starting at the top of the keyboard & working your way around the edges.
- Lift the control cover up & unplug the media cable.
- Remove the control cover.
Read Related Articles
- Hard Drive Formatting How To Guide
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 Screw Kits & Guides
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 LCD Screen Assembly Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 LCD Cable Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 LCD Hinge Removal and Installation
- Dell Alienware M17xR4 LCD Web Camera Removal and Installation