Dell has a new gaming laptop that might just have more power than the average laptop user could handle. As Dell's very own flagship, the new Alienware 18 is packed with some powerful specs and a large 18-inch display. Known for “setting the standard for best-in-class mobile gaming”, Dell's Alienware 13, 15, and 17 were all touted as well-built and fast performing machines. The 18, of course set under the same standards, has been built with the intention to lift the hood and say “wow”.
True gamers that love a lot of power are sure in luck. This is an 18.4 x 12 x 2.3 inch, 12 pound notebook strictly meant for high-resolution gaming (so I guess you need to be buff and a big gamer nerd to handle it). Its WLED display sports a 1920 x 1080 resolution, and it comes with 2 GeForce GTX 970M GPUs (upgradable to GTX 980Ms). No wonder it's so heavy. With this level of graphics, though, it makes you wonder if users would rather PC game than play on a laptop screen. So, if 18 inches isn't enough screen for your 4K gaming experience, you can always plug in an external display via HDMI or mini DisplayPort.
As far as processing, the Alienware 18 runs Intel's 4th gen Core i7 processor, by way of quad-core CPU with 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz Turbo. It comes with 16GB DDR3 RAM, expandable to 32GB DDR3 RAM thanks to 4 DIMM slots. Finally, internal storage includes 1TB HDD, with the option of 512GB mSATA to complement it (Digital Trends). There's not many reviews on the Alienware 18 yet, but we do know its price ranges from $2,549.99 to $4,699.90, depending on configuration.
Read Related Articles
- Asus Came out With a Premium Looking Chromebook, the Flip C302CA, for $499
- The Asus F556UA Is High on Power, Lower on Res, Nevertheless Worth Taking a Gander At
- Orion Laptop: One Which Should Fulfill a Linux-Lover? Perhaps Even Holding a N Apple MacBook Resemblance?
- Corsair Just Launched Its First Prebuilt Gaming PC and It Is Entirely Liquid-Cooled
- Acer Aspire’s E-15 Model is One Epic Deal In Tech Right Now
- Dell Technologies Makes Waves at the 2017 SXSW Interactive Festival