I always say, everybody loves the Raspberry Pi. In all its pocket-sized glory, the mini computer has set the bar for affordable DIY computing and coding. This week, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced the highly anticipated release of its Raz Pi touchscreen display for $60. Everyone's favorite mini computer just became complete
Many Pi users have been waiting for the perfect display to accompany their Pi, and this 7-inch touchscreen is just that. Featuring a 10-point capacitive touchscreen, and 24-bit color at 800 x 480 pixels and 60 fps, this screen will help tinkerers across the world up the fun-level with their miniature computers (Gizmag). Let us not forget the Raspberry Pi has always been display-ready thanks to its HDMI port, but the company was extra thoughtful when designing this new touchscreen. The HDMI port is now freely available, as the new touchscreen display connects via DSI ribbon cable.
Finally, the Pi Foundation, well known for its educational software and programs available on the Raspberry Pi, has made sure to touch-enable all of these useful tools, “making learning and programming easier”, as well as making “home automation projects (and the IoT) ideal for the new display”, says the Foundation. It just needs the latest version of the Raspbian OS software, and either the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, Model B+, or Model A+ to function (Ars Technica). The touchscreen will be available on Swag, Raspberry Pi's online product store, for $60 plus shipping and handling.
Read Related Articles
- Google Announces Chromecast Ultra, It’s Upcoming 4K Version of the Streaming Dongle
- Dell Has New Inspiron 15 5000 and Inspiron 17 5000 Laptops, Refreshed and in Gorgeous New Hues
- Dells UltraSharp U3417W is a 34-Inch Monster, Would Work Great for Various Professionals
- Estimote Uses Beacon Technology to Send Tailored Content to Any Screen
- Acer’s Predator 21X is More Than Just a Gaming Notebook, It’s a Monster, With the World’s First Curved Display
- The Latest Gear VR? Customers are Getting More Than Just USB-C Ports From Samsung