In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to format a Hard Drive. These installation instructions have be made into 7 easy to follow printable steps. We have also created a video tutorial that shows you how to Format your Hard Drive.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
Format Hard Drive
- Click the Start button.
- Right click Computer.
- Click on Manage.
- In the left pane, click Management.
- Right click on the volume you want to format.
- Click on Format.
- To format with the default settings click OK, and then click OK again (Note: The Perform a quick format option will create a new file table. It does not overwrite or erase the volume).
Read Related Articles
- Dell Laptop Regulatory Model Reference Guide
- Dell Inspiron 15-7557 (P57F001) Battery Removal & Installation
- Dell Inspiron 15-7557 (P57F001) Access Door Removal & Installation
- Google Announces Chromecast Ultra, It’s Upcoming 4K Version of the Streaming Dongle
- Sonder Could Be Lucky Enough to Have Apple on Board With Its New Customizable E-Ink Keyboard
- Ockel’s Sirius A Wants to Be The Cutest, and Most Groundbreaking Mini PC Ever
- One of the Best Tablets Catered to Artists? Wacom’s MobileStudio Pro Tablets Are Dedicated