Lenovo's most affordable premium gaming laptops are from its favored Y-series, a group of laptops and desktops that are gaining the likes of PC gamers. The Lenovo Ideapad Y700 laptop has been upgraded since last year, now sporting the latest from Intel, Nvidia, and AMD for processing and graphics. The Y-series will also be featuring two Ideacenter desktop models, as well as gaming accessories to win the hearts of computer gamers everywhere.
Featured during the Lenovo Gaming Week in Mumbai, the Ideapad Y700 laptop comes in two variants, a 5.7 lb, 15.6-inch version, and a beefy 7.7 lb, 17.3-inch version, both with a full HD 1920 x 1080 display. Each laptop runs a 6th gen Intel Core i7 quad-core processor, comes with 16GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, and a 128GB SSD. As for graphics, the gaming laptops will use an Nvidia GTX 960M, and will run for about 4 hours on its 4 cell, 60 Wh battery (First Post).
As for the Lenovo Ideacenter Y desktops, we're looking at a 65 watt Core i7 processor, an Nvidia GTX 970 GPU, 32GB of DDR4 RAM, up to 2TBs of SSHD, and up to 256GB SSD in the Y700 model. There is an additional Y900 model, which ups the ante a little bit, offering more memory (64GB of DDR4 RAM) and graphics (Nvidia GTX 980 GPU) (An and Tech).
As a final part of Lenovo's Y700 series, accessories will be available for all 4 gaming system options. From the Surround Sound Headset, the Y Gaming Precision Mouse, to a microphone, and a mechanical keyboard, all items are available this month. These new efforts from Lenovo are an important part of the (slowly, but surely) growing population of portable PC gamers. Gaming customers simply need the right pricing, graphics, and power to lure them away from Lenovo's pricey competitors. Pricing is said to start at $949 for the Y700 laptop, and $999 for the Y-series desktops.
Read Related Articles
- AMD Has New Ryzen CPUs Promising to Directly Compete With Intel, in Both Specs and Price Tags
- Dart-C Adapter – 4 Times Smaller Than What We’re Used to, so Leave That Brick at Home
- Remote Wireless Charging for Your Phone, as in Truly Wireless, Is Yours With the MotherBox
- Would You Believe Your Own Eyes If You Saw a Teensy 7-Inch Laptop, Sporting Intel Atom and 8GB of RAM?
- HP’s New X360 Spectre 15 Is Discrete yet Svelte 2-In-1, Large and in Charge
- MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro- a Lightweight Speedy Gaming Laptop That’s Going to Make Waves