We just got all excited for Dell, which recently announced its “Surface Pro 3 clone”, a nearly necessary move after other companies seem to be coming up with their own versions of the slick 2-in-1 Microsoft laptop. Now, in comes Toshiba, with its new detachable PC, not so much built to be a contender of the rest, but built to be budget friendly. Some say this convertible takes a bit of a step back in terms of having a modern personality. However, the not as hip, not as fancy Satellite Click 10, packs Windows 10, a better than 1080p display, and an Intel Atom processor for just $349.
The 2.2 pound tablet has a 10.1-inch multitouch display with a 1900 x 1200 pixel resolution. It runs a quad-core 1.4GHz Atom x5-Z8300 processor, comes with 2GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of internal storage, and is catered to Windows 10. There is also microSD, Mini HDMI, and a headphone jack. In laptop mode, the device snaps onto a keyboard dock that has two USB ports for additional storage and connectivity. Finally, camera quality includes 8MP in the rear, and 2MP in the front (Slash Gear).
Cnet says if you're a fan of Windows 10 and Cortana (Microsoft's “Siri”), Toshiba has you in mind. By adding multi directional microphones, video chat with friends and “discussions” with Cortana should run smoothly. If you're not exactly loving the sound of Satellite Click 10's not so perfect specs, do yourself a favor and remember the sub-$400 price tag. It could be enough package for many of you. Devices in the Satellite family tend to be similarly designed, and with budget in mind. This device leans more towards the less trendy, more traditional laptop (that just so happens to be detachable). The Satellite Click 10 is available now, ready to be shipped with a full version of Office Suite.
Read Related Articles
- Acer Put out the Chromebook 15 With the Same Large Screen, a Good Battery, and Pretty Low-End Everything Else
- The Updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga: A Beautiful OLED Display and a Beast of a Price Tag
- Asus’s Latest ZenBook Is the UX410 and It Screams Amazing
- Asus Launches Stylish New Laptops, the ZenBook 3, Transformer 3 pro, and ZenBook Flip
- Dell’s 2-In-1 Latitude 13 3379 Series is for Just About Anyone
- Lenovo’s Yoga 710 Line Adds Smaller (yet Beautiful) Displays, and Excellent Battery Life