We just got all excited for Dell, which recently announced its “Surface Pro 3 clone”, a nearly necessary move after other companies seem to be coming up with their own versions of the slick 2-in-1 Microsoft laptop. Now, in comes Toshiba, with its new detachable PC, not so much built to be a contender of the rest, but built to be budget friendly. Some say this convertible takes a bit of a step back in terms of having a modern personality. However, the not as hip, not as fancy Satellite Click 10, packs Windows 10, a better than 1080p display, and an Intel Atom processor for just $349.
The 2.2 pound tablet has a 10.1-inch multitouch display with a 1900 x 1200 pixel resolution. It runs a quad-core 1.4GHz Atom x5-Z8300 processor, comes with 2GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of internal storage, and is catered to Windows 10. There is also microSD, Mini HDMI, and a headphone jack. In laptop mode, the device snaps onto a keyboard dock that has two USB ports for additional storage and connectivity. Finally, camera quality includes 8MP in the rear, and 2MP in the front (Slash Gear).
Cnet says if you're a fan of Windows 10 and Cortana (Microsoft's “Siri”), Toshiba has you in mind. By adding multi directional microphones, video chat with friends and “discussions” with Cortana should run smoothly. If you're not exactly loving the sound of Satellite Click 10's not so perfect specs, do yourself a favor and remember the sub-$400 price tag. It could be enough package for many of you. Devices in the Satellite family tend to be similarly designed, and with budget in mind. This device leans more towards the less trendy, more traditional laptop (that just so happens to be detachable). The Satellite Click 10 is available now, ready to be shipped with a full version of Office Suite.
Read Related Articles
- AMD Has New Ryzen CPUs Promising to Directly Compete With Intel, in Both Specs and Price Tags
- Dart-C Adapter – 4 Times Smaller Than What We’re Used to, so Leave That Brick at Home
- Remote Wireless Charging for Your Phone, as in Truly Wireless, Is Yours With the MotherBox
- Would You Believe Your Own Eyes If You Saw a Teensy 7-Inch Laptop, Sporting Intel Atom and 8GB of RAM?
- HP’s New X360 Spectre 15 Is Discrete yet Svelte 2-In-1, Large and in Charge
- MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro- a Lightweight Speedy Gaming Laptop That’s Going to Make Waves