In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Palmrest Touchpad on your XPS 15-L501X (P11F001) laptop. These installation instructions have be made into 4 easy to follow printable steps. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your XPS 15-L501X (P11F001) Palmrest Touchpad.
Before you begin
Please take the time read the following safety guildlines when working on static sensitive electrical componets.
Dell repair manual service precautions
Tools needed for this laptop repair
- 1 x small phillips head screwdriver
- 1 x small plastic scribe
DIY Discount - Parts-People.com offers 5% off to all DO-IT-YOURSELFERS!
Use this coupon code to save 5% off these parts
Video tutorial repair manual
Installation and Removal Instructions
XPS 15-L501X (P11F001) Palmrest Touchpad
- Slide the latch over and lift the Battery out of the laptop.
- Remove the bottom screw.
- Release the latches to loosen the palmrest.
- Turn the laptop over and open it up.
- Carefully separate the palmrest from the base.
- Turn the palmrest over and unplug the cables.
- Remove the Palmrest Touchpad.
Read Related Articles
- Dell XPS 15-9530 (P31F001) Battery Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 15-9530 (P31F001) Bottom Base Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 13-L322X (P29G001) SSD (Solid State Drive) Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 13-L322X (P29G001) USB Audio Port Circuit Board Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 13-L322X (P29G001) Motherboard Removal and Installation
- Dell XPS 13-L322X (P29G001) Keyboard Removal and Installation